Your passion for music speaks volumes.
HERE ARE 10 REASONS TO AMPLIFY YOUR POTENTIAL WITH AIM:
Your passion will come first. We focus on your passion for music first and foremost, and everything else flows from there.
- You’ll have space to explore. Enjoy a welcoming, down-to-earth creative space to explore, have fun and get fired up about music. Come with an open mind! You don’t have to be decided on your musical career or advanced in your craft. You’ll have access to state-of-the-art facilities, including recording studios, production suites and performance spaces.
- You’ll enjoy a collaborative, industry-like environment. Collaborating with students from a variety of musical backgrounds and specialties will give you a better educational experience, better musical outcomes and better preparation for what it’s like to work in the music and entertainment industry.
- Your teachers will be the real deal. You’ll be taught by incredibly talented and professionally experienced teachers who are still active contributors in their industries. They know personally what you need to succeed and have strong industry connections. (Our staff are often sessional, spending the rest of their time working in their fields).
- You’ll be ready for tomorrow’s industry. You’ll receive an industry-relevant education that addresses the latest trends, techniques and tools in the music and entertainment industry. And you can start building networks and contacts from day one. Our industry connections also offer some amazing work experience opportunities for students.
- You’ll discover a whole new side to music. We nurture genuine musical diversity to enhance everyone’s experience. That means the right combination of creative programs and creative people. And it means blending multiple opportunities to practice, collaborate and perform with a solid theoretical grounding.
- You’ll benefit from our heritage. Established in 1968 by top musician, Dr Peter Calvo, we have serious longevity and experience in what we do. Today, AIM operates across two national campuses, offering a more diverse range of fully accredited music courses than anywhere else in Australia.
- You’ll love how convenient it is to get here. Both our Sydney and Melbourne campuses are in central city locations, with excellent access to public transport. Whether you reside in the inner city or the outer suburbs, getting to class will be easy.
- You’ll be supported to succeed. AIM provides extensive student support, beyond purely academic inputs, to help you reach your potential and build the confidence and resilience you’ll need to achieve your goals.
- You’ll be happy that we’re not-for-profit. Why? Because it means we put all profits back into improving our students’ experience, and staying nimble so we can respond to shifting industry demands.
At AIM you'll have unlimited opportunities
to unleash your creativity:
form a band or ensemble with friends and perform together
mingle with like-minded creatives and have fun with recording artists, audio engineers, music producers and artistic managers of the future
learn from and network with teaching staff who are active industry experts
While you’re discovering your musical strengths and sound, you’ll also learn skills that will enable you to realistically compete in an ever-evolving music industry.
So at the end of your AIM journey you will graduate with the knowledge and confidence to launch a sustainable career and be empowered to chase your dream.
We’d love to support you. The only question is...