AWARD: Bachelor of Entertainment Management
Manage the business side of the music industry
The Bachelor of Entertainment Management course teaches you all about the inner workings of the music business. Come behind the scenes and learn about artist management, festivals and touring, marketing, promotions and publicity, economics, and entertainment law, plus much more!
If you want a career in the business side of the industry, this course is for you!
Take your industry knowledge to the next level
Your Bachelor of Entertainment Management will speak volumes:
- Master all the management essentials – from marketing, artist management, promotions and publicity to economics, entertainment law and international business – through a contemporary music and entertainment lens so you can manage events, artists, tours and more.
- Interact with the industry from day one. All of your lecturers will be active industry professionals, along with guest lecturers and industry panels, so you can build your industry contacts from the get-go. Don’t wait till you graduate to develop industry relationships.
- Build your networks and real industry experience in two internships with high-profile industry organisations. AIM’s Bachelor of Entertainment Management interns are in-demand and many are offered subsequent work opportunities.
- Collaborate with AIM’s contemporary performers and put into practice what you’re learning about artist management, touring and promotions. Form professional relationships with up-and-coming artists.
- Be taught and mentored by high-calibre, active industry professionals in a supportive, creative environment. Your lecturers will give you insider insights to prepare you for a career in an evolving arts landscape, which only professionals at the centre of their industry can share.
Arts & Entertainment Management
Marketing & General Business Management
Associated Business Studies & Electives
Elective units give you space to explore and shape your experience at AIM. We don’t believe in cookie-cutter courses that box creativity in.
You can branch out and choose eight electives from any department at AIM, including contemporary, composition & music production, music theatre, classical, audio and performance. Or, you can go deeper with Entertainment & Management electives such as:
- Tour Management
- Artist & Repertoire Management
- Musical Journalism
- Stage & Production Management
- Visual Media & Design Skills
- Writing Skills
- Making Money in the Entertainment Industry
The final year of your degree includes two industry internships. Your industry internships will put you in the spotlight of a potential employer and referee, helping you to:
- Develop and expand your industry network
- Put your professional skills into practice
- Gain unique insights into real managerial and organisational issues
- Grow confidence in different industry work environments
- Graduate with min. 72 hours of industry experience under your belt
- Establish a CV with industry references
- Get your foot in the door for paid employment that matches your passion
Entrance is by submission of a prepared portfolio and possible short follow up interview if required. Applicants are required to:
- Provide a portfolio that covers ALL business & entertainment experience (if applicable).
- Score an ATAR of 65 &/or possess relevant industry experience.
- Provide Certified Academic transcripts of previous study; especially in Arts/Entertainment, Mathematics & English (including HSC). Year 12 school leavers should provide this once received.
For VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education) Students: Satisfactory completion of the VCE and Units 3 and 4 English. Any of the four VCE English studies - English, English as an Additional Language, Literature or English Language - satisfies the requirement for English; however, Units 3 and 4 must be completed in sequence and in the same calendar year.
Please Note: VCAL is not an approved minimum entry for Bachelor of Entertainment Management (BEM).
For more information on the specific entry and admissions processes relevant to your program of interest and your student status, please follow the links below