AWARD: Master of Music
Strengthen your creative practice with a robust research foundation:
Take your performance to the next level
Your Master of Music will speak volumes:
- Explore, develop and deepen your creative practice within an academic framework
- Collaborate and thrive in AIM’s inter-disciplinary music scene – classical, jazz, contemporary, electronic music, composition, theatre and more – where you can workshop with peers and industry professionals
- Harness weekly sessions to produce a research-based creative work: your final performance, folio and/or recording. You’ll be supported by a supervisor who specialises in seeing you succeed
- Develop your research, analytical and writing skills, as well as critical and creative thinking
- Produce a formal research report and become a recognised thought leader in your chosen musical field
- Explore more through electives that amplify and extend your experience
- Be guided and mentored by industry experts who are determined to help you grow as a performer and will support you through your academic research
Download our Program Guide for course structure and subject details.
Click here to download the Masters of Music course calendar for 2019.
Open the door to new career opportunities
Not only will your postgraduate studies allow you to specialise and further progress in your chosen musical career, our AIM postgraduate courses will also open up the possibility of further academic work and career options, as well as professional teaching opportunities.
The Graduate Certificate in Music, Graduate Diploma in Music and Master of Music combine major study, research, graduate seminars and elective study streams. And throughout your course, we’ll help you develop a broad range of skills by auditing undergraduate units.