GET A HEAD START IN THE MUSIC AND PERFORMING ARTS INDUSTRIES
Prepares you for further study in music-oriented higher education programs
Your Foundation Program will speak volumes:
- Provide you with creativity and musical aptitude that will prepare you for further studies in the undergraduate music and performing arts programs
- Develop your Music Literacy skills while also focusing on Collaborative Music Making
- Develop your musical nomenclature
- Provide you with a pathway to the undergraduate programs at AIM
The Foundation Program shares two interrelated streams with other Bachelor and Diploma programs, namely:
- Scholarship - addressing Music Literacy skills, contextual understanding, and academic practice
- Industry Studies and Collaboration - focused on Collaborative Music Making
With the addition of:
- Applied English – dedicated English for Academic Purposes (EAP) stream, equivalent to Australian Year 12 English and the attainment of IELTS 6.0 or higher.
Students who satisfactorily complete the Foundation Program will have a pathway to demonstrate eligibility for entry into the currently accredited AIM courses:
- Diploma of Music
- Bachelor of Music (by audition according to specialisation area: Contemporary Performance, Classical Performance, Music Theatre, Composition & Production, Audio Production, Arts Management)
- Bachelor of Entertainment Management
- Bachelor of Performance (by audition)
Entry & Admissions Requirement
- Year 11 or equivalent (see Foundation Program Country Specific Entry Requirements)
- English Language Proficiency 5.5 IELTS (Overall) or equivalent (TOEFL Min: 46-50; PTE Min: 43-50).
Note: Evidence of English language proficiency is only required if you are applying as an international student.
- 17 years of age at the time of commencement
- Digital portfolio submission Applicants are required to submit digital portfolio that covers all of their relevant music and creative experience
- Supporting documents – identification (passport or birth certificate)
- Resume covering music experience
- Audition and Interview: If required, AIM will request for an audition and/or interview to assess skills and aptitudes to study.
Entry into AIM’s Foundation Program is open to both international and domestic students based upon achievement of a satisfactory level (pass or above) of secondary Year 11 schooling (or equivalent), audition/interview (where relevant) and a minimum of 5.5 IELTS (overall) (or equivalent).
The purpose of the Foundation Program is to provide a pathway to Bachelor entry for these students, with particular focus on those who need to improve their English language level to meet entry requirements.
The program will provide Applied English and Music subjects, equivalent to an Australian year 12 curriculum and is intended primarily as a pathway for international students, but can also be available to domestic students who need to improve their English.
Country Entry Requirements:
Australian Year 11 (or equivalent) qualification with an overall average mark of >50%.
Successful completion of Senior Middle 2 (Gao ER) with 65%
HKDSE: Secondary 4 with minimum 60% for best 5 subjects.
HKCEE: Secondary 4/5 with a minimum average of 55%
Completion of Year 11 with 65% average in best 4 academic subjects
SMA 2 with overall average of 7.0 in academic subjects
Completion of Year 11 with minimum 3.0 out of 5.0
Senior High School Leaving Certificate Year 2 with grade average in 4 academic subjects
English med schools - Form 5 (60% avg) Chinese med schools - Form 5 (65% avg)
Completion of SPM with a minimum of 3 C passes
Singapore GCE O Level with passes in 3 subjects
Senior High School Year 2 with 65% average; or Completion of Senior High School Year 3
Matayom 5 GPA 2.5 in academic subjects
Year 11 with grade average of 6.5
*Othe countries that are not listed above will be assessed on a case by case basis.
(Note: final examinations of Industry Studies units of the Foundation Program may be taken as equivalent to audition if skills relevant to the desired Bachelor specialisation are demonstrated.)