The library provides individual and group information literacy sessions for both staff and students which can be tailored to the level of study. To request a workshop contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org
What does it cover?
Information literacy workshops give an overview of the following;
• Library Catalogue (OPAC) including search functions and tips, and locating items on the shelves.
• Making the most of AIM’s Electronic Resources, specifically journal databases
• Search strategies and techniques for the web & research databases
• Evaluating information sources on the web
• Organising research including note keeping and referencing
• Subject specific resources and web links
We recommend all staff and students attend a library orientation session to familiarise yourself with the sorts of materials available and how locate them as well as the learning about the facilities. Library orientation sessions are available to students on orientation day and throughout the semester. If you would like to book a 1:1 orientation session please contact us at email@example.com