Representing some of AIM's most talented students and graduates.
Special thanks to Jamie Rigg, Head of Contemporary Performance, & the crew at Q Studios for co-ordinating this project, & to all the AIM students, staff & musicians who have contributed time & talent to create these works.
Turn up the volume, and enjoy the sounds of the BEST OF AIM 2009.
1. Beautiful / Performed and Written by Sarah McLennan
String arrangement by John Bellamy. Monica ZygadloViolin 1 Sylvia Basoeki Violin 2, Josephine Lumanau Viola, Jenny Ainsworth Cello.
2. Breathe For Me / Performed by The Ransom / Lyrics by Keegan McCarthy, Music By The Ransom. Keegan McCarthy - Lead Vocals, Alex Mateer - Piano & Lead Guitar, David Regina - Rhythm Guitar, Nadia Aya - Bass & Vocals, Raphael Strazzulo - Drums
3. A Night In Tunisia / Performed by AIM Big Band / Composed by Dizzy Gillespie. Musical Direction by Dave Henry
4. A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square / Performed by AIM Singers / Composed by Eric Maschwitz and Manning Sherwin. Musical Direction by Trish Delaney-Brown
5. Birdland / Performed by AIM Choir / Composed by Joe Zawinu. Musical Direction by Trish Delaney-Brown
6. If I Loved You / Performed by AIM Music Theatre Ensemble / Music by Richard Rodgers, Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II. Musical Direction by Greg Crease
7. We'll Be Together Again / Performed by AIM Big Band / Composed by Carl Fisher and Frankie Laine. Musical Direction by Dave Henry, Alexis Eagleton Vocal
8. How Come You Don't Call Me / Performed by Nadia Abdelghani / Written by Prince Rodgers Nelson
9. Worth The Wait / Performed and Written by Break 407. Ben Livingston piano,Sam Patching bass,Oliver Page Dutton drums,Matthew Zammit vocals,Nadia Abdelghani vocals,Maximilion Cyril Guitar
10. Ride / Performed by Katia Fuscaldo Band / Written by Katia Fuscaldo
11. Make Your Move / Performed and Written by The Vandolls
12. The Voice Inside My Head Has A Point / Performed by Jarran Zen & The Blind Children's Orchestra / Written by Jarran Zen. Jarran Zen Vocals and Bass, Alyssa Portelli Drums, Nick Malouf Guitar
13. 96,000 / Performed by AIM Music Theatre Ensemble / Written by Lin-Manuel Miranda
14. It's Lonely At The Top / Performed by Cassy Greaves / Written by Randy Newman. Joel Jenkins ( Keys),Andy Evans (Drums),Jake Meadows (Guitar),Graedy Meadows (Bass)
15. Blue Rondo a la Turk / Performed by AIM High Jazz Group / Written by Dave Brubeck. James Moore Piano,Jaydin Nathan Bass,Sean Evans Drums
16. Piano Trio in C minor, Op. 1 no. 3: Allegro con brio / Performed by AIM Piano Trio : Li Gu - Violin, Thomas Tsai - Cello, Esther Park - Piano / Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
17. Stay / Performed and Written by Katie Carr. Kate Carr Piano and Vocal, Ian Bofinger Cello